As a veteran healthcare management consultant with more than 30 years of practical experience, I am frequently engaged to help physicians plan, launch, change, or improve their medical practice operations. Lately the calls have been coming with increasing frequency to help recent graduates and hospitalists establish a new concierge private practice. In other instances, the calls are from frightened primary care and specialist physicians (and one veterinarian) who are unsure about the future of their business under healthcare reform and don’t want to continue down the same path they’ve been on for years.
In this sprint, we focus on practice location, selecting furniture and equipment, purchasing inventory, and planning for the mundane day-to-day aspects required to transform your vision into the successful concierge medical practice you’ve been longing for. This sprint has six major accomplishments to achieve.
Six major accomplishments
In the fourth sprint we work together to achieve six major milestones:
- Finding and leasing the best location you can afford
- Designing your work space and patient flow
- Research and purchase of technology you’ll need
- Research and purchase or leasing of professional equipment
- Process design for procedures to handle administrative tasks
- Dealing with business insurance and employee benefits
Don’t worry, you won’t be alone in all this. We’ll have your back and our team will be with you every step of the way.
Major appointments you must attend
- Scheduled meetings with the consulting team
- Scheduled meetings with specialty healthcare space planning designer
- Meetings with EMR and mHealth technology vendors and website developer (to ensure seamless interoperability)
- Meetings with real estate agent
- Meetings with insurance broker or agent
- Meeting with equipment suppliers and pharma detail reps
By the time you get to this sprint, our paralegal will have taken the information from the shared work space in IBM Blueworks Live to prepare documents you will need for this sprint. This will ensure that you have everything you need to be ready for your attorney meetings. We save you time, money and aggravation by supplying you with template documents that just need minor editing, if any to be finalized by your attorney.
[vc_call_to_action title=”Are you ready to start on the path to your own concierge medical practice? If so, schedule a 15-minute complimentary consult to discuss your ideas.” button_title=”Click to schedule a 15-minute chat” button_link=”http://meetme.so/mariatodd”][/vc_call_to_action]