Mercury Advisory Group consultants perform appraisals of hotels for medical, dental, rehabilitation and wellness tourism readiness on request. Mercury's consultant experts help make health and wellness travel safer and more enjoyable for Mercury Health Travel's corporate health travel clients and better partners to hospitals and health facilities where medical travel patients are scheduled to undergo diagnostic testing and medical or dental procedures.
The output of our evaluation generally includes an inspection report and recommendations for any deficiencies noted and assets particularly well-suited to pre- or post-surgical accommodation, wellness and spa travel or targeted clientele from specific demographics and origin markets.
Our professionally trained inspectors conduct in-person property inspections using guidelines established by Mercury Healthcare International. Inspections can be arranged for announced or unannounced reviews to evaluate, among other things:
- FOH operations and staff empowerment
- BOH operations and staff empowerment
- Spa and fitness center operations, wet and dry areas,
- On-site clinic operations, if available
- Food and beverage options and operations, wait staff knowledge of ingredients and preparation methods, available substitutions, and empowerment
- Cosmetic and other amenity options, laundry detergent alternatives for allergic guests
- Tobacco-free areas
- CPTED security, safety and accessibility for special needs travelers
- Emergency preparedness
- Staff training and development
- Guest and reservation policies and oversold on arrival policies
- Sustainability practices
- Soundproofing and room-darkening window treatments, use of available light, in-room guest operated climate control
- Pillow and linen quality
- Sanitary conditions of bath, shower and sink areas (grout mildew, drainage, air quality, etc.) and water temperature control
- Television and entertainment options for international guests (CCTV, translation, etc.)
Our inspectors are in an ideal position to observe health and wellness tourism industry trends as they emerge. They bring a combination of clinical and tourism expertise not widely found throughout the world. They watch for related trends and keep abreast of research that may prompt changes in the evaluation guidelines. These trends may include the use of sustainable and allergy-free products in amenities and expanded fitness and spa options, as well as use of technology and Internet of Things linkages, reading light, and power stations for gadgets and devices.
Our fees normally range from $5,000 to $8,500, depending on the location and the agreed upon scope of services. Our fees are inclusive of air travel. Upon the conclusion of the inspection, inspection team members meet with owners, executives and managers to debrief and provide feedback and recommendations. A written report follows within 2-3 weeks.
Below are some of the focus areas we examine and review for health and wellness tourism visitor and partnership collaboration and service:
Mercury Advisory Group
Health Travel Accommodation Inspections Team
+1 (800) 727.4160