As a veteran healthcare management consultant with more than 30 years of practical experience, I am frequently engaged to help physicians plan, launch, change, or improve their medical practice operations. Lately the calls have been coming with increasing frequency to help recent graduates and hospitalists establish a new concierge private practice. In other instances, the calls are from frightened primary care and specialist physicians (and one veterinarian) who are unsure about the future of their business under healthcare reform and don’t want to continue down the same path they’ve been on for years.
There are five five key accomplishments and a few tasks to keep your work plan compartmentalized and Agile for the second sprint. This level of lean organizational development comes from practical experience, and it shows.
Five major accomplishments
In the second sprint we work together to achieve five major milestones:
- Developing market knowledge about concierge medicine, trends, business models, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Researching your target market and refining your impressions about who you think it is
- Performing a deep competitor analysis, including those that are open and operating, and those who are under the radar just like you- in development
- Considering strategic partners and collaborations
- Strategically broadening and establishing your network (don’t invite just anyone, each network member must serve a defined purpose)
Don’t worry, you won’t be alone in all this. We’ll have your back and our team will be with you every step of the way.
Major appointments you must attend
- Scheduled meetings with the consulting team
- Meeting with the Public Relations specialist
- Meetings with the Chamber of Commerce and Community Leaders
- Meeting with certain employers in the community
- Meeting with the Web Specialist
By the time you get to this sprint, the public relations specialist and graphics and advertising teams will have taken the information from the shared work space in IBM Blueworks Live to prepare what you will need for this sprint. This will ensure that you have everything you need to be ready for your public meetings. After all, you can’t go to these meetings empty-handed!
[vc_call_to_action title=”Are you ready to start on the path to your own concierge medical practice? If so, schedule a 15-minute complimentary consult to discuss your ideas.” button_title=”Click to schedule a 15-minute chat” button_link=”http://meetme.so/mariatodd”][/vc_call_to_action]